Newcomer Nancy Anderson will run for the 8th District seat on the Mequon Common Council in the April 3 election. The seat is now held by longtime council member Pam Adams. Adams has filed a notice of candidacy but has not filed nomination papers.
Anderson, 52, lives with her family at 119 W. Ravine Court. She has been active in a number of community groups over the past 20 years including the Mequon Thiensville Education Foundation. She recently was the co-chairman of the Community Conversation Task Force.
She earned B.A. in accounting at the University of Iowa. She is also a certified public accountant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015