Getting around the North Shore will become more difficult beginning July 19 when plans call for the total closure of the Green Tree Road bridge until Aug. 1. The bridge will be resurfaced. The dates are subject to change depending on weather.
Bridge work on both the Good Hope and Brown Deer road bridges continues during the period.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Southeast Region in Waukesha will also begin work on July 22 on the $350,000 project to improve Wisconsin Highway 57 (Cedarburg Road).
This project involves replacing a small structure within the roadway at Trinity Creek, which crosses Cedarburg Road south of Mequon Road.
Cedarburg Road will be closed to traffic at the Trinity Creek crossing for the duration of the project. A detour route will be posted directing traffic to Brown Deer Road to North 76th Street/Wauwatosa Road to Mequon Road for northbound traffic, and the reverse route for southbound traffic.
The contractor, Concrete Structures, is scheduled to complete the project by Sept. 3, weather permitting.
The project will be paid for with a combination of local and state transportation funds.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions