Bayside — Tim Reymer returns to the Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District as principal of Indian Hill School and director of instruction for the district.
Reymer, who taught fourth grade at Maple Dale during the 2005-2006 school year, returns from the neighboring Glendale-River Hills district where he taught fourth grade from 2006-2010.
Reymer grew up in San Diego, coming here to attend the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee where he not only got his degree in education but met his wife. After graduation in 2004, he first taught in Milwaukee and then Maple Dale. He also earned a master's degree in educational leadership at Cardinal Stritch University in 2008.
Education has always been a focus.
"My uncle was a reading specialist, my grandmother was a teacher," he said.
Reymer started learning the ropes at Indian Hill the last week of May, while still continuing most of his teaching duties at Glen Hills Middle School.
"They worked together as sister districts to allow me to do this," Reymer said.
He taught his core reading and math classes in the morning at Glen Hills and spent the afternoon at Indian Hill familiarizing himself with his new role.
"The only class I was not able to teach was science and Glen Hills hired a sub for that class," he said.
The two school districts have a history of cooperation and working together.
At the same School Board meeting where Reymer's appointment and $74,000 salary was approved, the Maple Dale-Indian Hill Board also approved sharing a director of special education with Glendale-River Hills. Sue Doyle will work two days a week in the Maple Dale district at a salary of $50,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- River Hills adopts sex offender zoning restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014