Those of us living in the Nicolet School District are fortunate because we have a choice of two candidates running for the Nicolet School Board.
Good governance is about collaboration, sound judgment and a proven track record of being a good steward of our limited property tax resources.
Of the candidates, I believe Ellen Redeker, with her extensive community and private sector experience in the financial services industry, is the most qualified candidate to best navigate around the many fiscal challenges that Nicolet faces.
As a parent of one Nicolet graduate and two current students, I know that Nicolet is a community asset that benefits all of us who live in the district.
School board membership requires time and a hands-on involvement. It requires members that will ask the hard questions and be accountable to all taxpayers for assuring a return on our considerable investment while maintaining Nicolet's track record of academic excellence.
Ellen is up for the challenge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015