• More than $700 worth of items including clothing and a mixer were taken from a storage locker in the 8300 block of North 46th Street over the past few weeks and reported Jan. 3. The lock had been pried open.
• A 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana, unregistered vehicle and driving after suspension in the 4400 block of West Brown Deer Road at noon Jan. 6. A blunt with 2.4 grams of marijuana was found in his sock. The man said he forgot it was there but admitted smoking marijuana Jan. 2.
• A 15-year-old Milwaukee boy was mailed a citation for truancy after missing 44 classes since Sept. 1 at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th Street, on Jan. 7. His mother was warned about calling in invalid excuses: he overslept, didn't have a coat and the weather.
• A 27-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for physical abuse of a child Jan. 9. The man, the boyfriend of the 2-year-old girl's mother, admitted he had "whooped" the girl by hitting her with a plastic hanger causing welts to her back and legs when he was taking care of her.
• A 33-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, lane deviation, and unregistered vehicle in the 8500 block of North Teutonia Avenue at 4:25 a.m. Jan. 13. When stopped and asked why he was weaving, the man said he only did that when "you pulled me over." He denied drinking but when told he smelled of alcohol, admitted it saying "I'm going to be honest because (expletive) being honest is not lying." His blood-alcohol content at the scene was 0.168. He refused to take a breath test at the station and was issued a citation for refusal.
• A resident reported receiving a call from someone saying he was her grandson and needed $3,800 because he'd been in an accident in Toronto, Canada, the morning of Jan. 14. She did not send the money. Her grandson was safe in Iowa.
• Two domestic incidents were reported this week.
• A 52-year-old Fox Point man was arrested for his second drunken-driving incident after he was reported sleeping in his running car in the 500 block of West Bradley Road at 3:37 a.m. Jan. 10. He said his wife made him leave home because of drinking. His BAC was 0.07.
• A 42-year-old Milwaukee man was to receive 20 citations for cutting trees from the lake bluff on his property in the 6700 block of North Lake Drive Jan. 11. The trees had been illegally cut according to the village engineer. Each citation is $1,000.
• A 30-year-old Fox Point man was arrested for his second drunken-driving incident after he drove into a ditch in the 8500 block of North Manor Lane at 8:45 a.m. Jan. 15. The man, who asked the officer to help him push his car out of the ditch, denied drinking. His BAC was 0.22.
• One domestic incident was reported this week.
• A 17-year-old Bayside girl was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, at 1 p.m. Dec. 23. The School Resource officer reported two girls in the gym about 12:30 p.m. which is off limits during lunch. The girls saw the officer and ran hiding under the bleachers. A marijuana pipe with residue was found in a sock next to the girl.
• A duffle bag with more than $6,000 of photography equipment including camera lenses and a camcorder along with a laptop was taken from the Bayshore Food Court, 5800 N. Bayshore Drive, on Dec. 31 and reported Jan. 4. The victim, who is a professional photographer, said he was resting his head on a table when the theft happened.
• A 23-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for possession of marijuana and disorderly conduct after she left the store with four children, one of them having taken a bag of candy at Pick 'n Save, 1735 W. Silver Spring Drive, about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 1. They got into a car and the woman yelled "there was no (expletive) retail theft." She continued to use expletives in the presence of shoppers and the children. Two partially burnt blunts were in the ashtray and tested positive for marijuana weighing 1.3 grams. The woman admitted smoking marijuana "regularly" and, after being arrested, asked if she was going to get her "weed back."
• A 37-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for armed robbery of the TCF Bank, 2100 West Good Hope Road at 6:40 p.m. Jan. 7. The man pointed a gun at two tellers, got a bag of money and drove away. His car was located in the 8900 block of North 70th Street where he was arrested. He said he'd been out of a job for two years, never done this before and got the gun from a friend, a .40-caliber Glock 23 loaded with 10 rounds.
• A 15-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for theft of $132 from a 71-year-old Milwaukee woman at Pick 'n Save, 1735 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 10. The boy saw the woman put the money into an envelope and he grabbed it from her hand when she reached for an item. The theft was caught on surveillance video and the boy was found in the 5400 block of North Long Island Drive. He said when he saw the police he threw the money into a snow bank. It has not been recovered.
• A 43-year-old Glendale woman was arrested for drunken driving after she was reported having a seizure in her car in the 4300 block of North Port Washington Road at 7:42 p.m. Jan. 12.
• A 25-year-old Lake Geneva man was arrested for disorderly conduct/battery after head-butting a Texas relative giving the man a bloody nose and cut lip at a relative's birthday party in the 4300 block of North Murray Avenue at 11 p.m. Jan. 8. The suspect, who was intoxicated, said he couldn't remember the incident but was sorry.
• A purse and contents including a smart phone and credit cards valued at more than $600 was taken from a locked car parked at 4000 North Estabrook Parkway between 1:30 and 2 p.m. Jan. 9 and reported Jan. 11. The victim said her car was locked but a window was partially opened.
• A 20-year-old Shorewood man, four months from his 21st birthday, was cited for underage drinking and possession of drug paraphernalia after a noise complaint in the 3500 block of North Oakland Avenue at 2:45 a.m. Jan. 12. A glass pipe was found along with alcohol. The man admitted he had been drinking.
• A 37-inch flat-screen TV and a video game system valued at more than $900 were taken from an unsecured residence in the 4400 block of North Bartlett Avenue from 10 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. Jan. 13. Entry was gained through the unlocked front door.
• More than $250 was taken from a cash register at the Fox Bay Cinema, 334 E. Silver Spring Drive, between 9:10 and 9:30 p.m. Jan. 10.
• More than 15 entries to cars and/or garages were reported this past week in the 1500 block of East Hampton Avenue, the 5000, 5200, 5300 blocks of North Kent Avenue, the 5100, 5400, 5500 blocks of North Bay Ridge Avenue and the 5000 block of North Diversey Boulevard between Jan. 12 to 14. In most instances the cars, which were unlocked and parked in driveways, were rummaged through and only small amounts of change taken. However, credit cards taken from a car in the 5300 block of North Kent Avenue were used at Milwaukee and Brown Deer businesses. Two Global Positioning System units valued at about $200 each were taken in the 5500 block of North Bay Ridge and the 5300 block of North Kent avenues. An expired license was taken in the 5400 block of North Bay Ridge Avenue and recovered in the same block.
• A 51-year-old Pewaukee man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4600 block of North Wilson Drive at 1 a.m. Jan. 13. He was taken for a blood test.
• A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his second drunken driving offense and speeding in the 600 block of East Silver Spring Drive at 1:40 a.m. Jan. 16. His BAC was 0.23.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Firefighters responded to 119 calls, 78 emergency medical and 41 fire/rescue, between Jan. 11 and 17.
• Smoke was reported in an apartment in the 3900 block of North Oakland Avenue, Shorewood, at 7 a.m. Jan. 12. A fire, started in a kitchen garbage can, had been put out by the occupant. In a walk-through hundreds of burn marks caused by smoking materials were found in carpeting throughout the apartment, and, in one area, a foot square of that carpeting had been burned away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- North Shore Police Report: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 5
- North Shore Police Report: May 29
- North Shore Police Report: May 22
- North Shore Police Reports: May 15