A sparse group of residents adopted a $16,894,389 tax levy for the Nicolet School District at the annual meeting Monday night after a report from Business Manager Jeff Dellutri explained the process used to develop the 2009-2010 budget.
The levy is up 3.32 percent from the previous levy of $16,350,929. The budget of $24,561,371 is up 2.71 percent from last year's budget of $23,895,178. The levy would result in an 11 cent increase in the equalized tax rate to $3.97 per $1,000 of equalized value.
Dellutri said the assessed tax rate, which is the rate paid by residents, will not be available until later in the fall when the valuations of the four communities making up the district are known.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015