The Maple Dale-Indian Hill School Board last night approved a $750 donation from the district parent-teacher organization for a tree-planting initiative at Indian Hill School.
In a letter to the district, PTO Treasurer Jim LeTart said the organization intends the donations to be ongoing - assuming funds are available - meaning more trees could be planted on Indian Hill grounds in future years.
The first tree is to be planted Friday.
Board policy requires the five-member elected body approve gifts of more than $500.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014