The Maple Dale-Indian Hill School Board last night approved a $750 donation from the district parent-teacher organization for a tree-planting initiative at Indian Hill School.
In a letter to the district, PTO Treasurer Jim LeTart said the organization intends the donations to be ongoing - assuming funds are available - meaning more trees could be planted on Indian Hill grounds in future years.
The first tree is to be planted Friday.
Board policy requires the five-member elected body approve gifts of more than $500.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet