As of press deadline April 21, River Hills police were awaiting the results of an autopsy on a 72-year-old River Hills man involved in a fatal traffic accident April 18.
Robert Litzow lost control of his vehicle and hit a 47-year-old Glendale man and his dog, killing both the man and dog.
"We believe it was some type of medical event" that caused Litzow to lose control, River Hills Police Chief Thomas Rischmann said.
Preliminary autopsy results note Litzow had marked blockage of the arteries supplying blood to the heart and high blood pressure, which may have been a factor in the accident, the Medical Examiner's Office concluded April 20.
According to a River Hills police report, Michael Richter, a family medicine physician, apparently was hit near the curb at the southwest corner of Green Tree and Elm Tree roads about 10:40 a.m. April 18.
Litzow had been traveling west and apparently crossed into the eastbound lane of Green Tree when he struck Richter and the dog. The impact threw Richter onto the hood of the car, which left the road and hit a tree. The distance was 330 feet from the point of impact to where the vehicle hit the tree, the Wisconsin State Patrol estimated.
- Jane Ford-Stewart,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- River Hills adopts sex offender zoning restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014