The River Hills Village Board last night approved a site plan for the 38-acre Lynden Sculpture Gardens at 2145 W. Brown Deer Road that will soon be constructed.
David Uihlein Jr., board member of the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, submitted plans for a detention pond, planting native species and a driveway design described as a one-way loop around the gardens. Plans also call for light fixtures on the premises to have shielding devices.
The board was supportive of Uihlein's plans.
"It's much nicer to have something natural," Trustee Larry Boyer said of the plantings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- River Hills' new chief has 31 years experience with the department
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- River Hills woman killed in driveway accident
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014