The River Hills Village Board last night approved a site plan for the 38-acre Lynden Sculpture Gardens at 2145 W. Brown Deer Road that will soon be constructed.
David Uihlein Jr., board member of the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, submitted plans for a detention pond, planting native species and a driveway design described as a one-way loop around the gardens. Plans also call for light fixtures on the premises to have shielding devices.
The board was supportive of Uihlein's plans.
"It's much nicer to have something natural," Trustee Larry Boyer said of the plantings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015