The River Hills Village Board last night approved a site plan for the 38-acre Lynden Sculpture Gardens at 2145 W. Brown Deer Road that will soon be constructed.
David Uihlein Jr., board member of the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, submitted plans for a detention pond, planting native species and a driveway design described as a one-way loop around the gardens. Plans also call for light fixtures on the premises to have shielding devices.
The board was supportive of Uihlein's plans.
"It's much nicer to have something natural," Trustee Larry Boyer said of the plantings.
- USM student charged with taking upskirt photos of female classmates
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter