Nicolet teacher named Kohl Fellowship winner
Nicolet High School social studies teacher Phyllis Santacroce has been named a 2009 Kohl Fellowship winner.
Recipients are chosen for their skill as leaders and agents of positive change, and for superior ability to inspire the love of learning in their students.
Since starting at Nicolet in the 2000-01 school year, Santacroce initiated two programs. One is the mock trial and the other is National History Day. Santacroce will receive a $1,000 grant, and the school will get a $1,000 grant from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation and co-sponsors, which are the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools, Wisconsin Cooperative Educational Service Agencies and Wisconsin Newspaper Association.
Students head to state History Day competition
Seven Nicolet High School students will go to the state History Day competition in Madison on Saturday, May 2, after top performances in the regional contest March 6.
The students going to the state competition are freshmen Jake Rickum, Katie McShane, Rachel Wilkinson, Mikaela Zetly, Alexis Block, Sara Shi and Luli Zou.
Alternates are Emily Sperl, a junior, and freshmen Jonathan Lopez and Erin Miller.
The students worked with teachers Christopher MacCallum, Mark Schill, Lulah Colan and Phyllis Santacroce.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- River Hills' new chief has 31 years experience with the department
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- River Hills woman killed in driveway accident
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014