• Craig McCarthy has joined Concordia University Wisconsin, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, Mequon, as a media specialist. He brings more than 10 years of professional media and public relations experience to the position.
• Jim Zabel has joined Bella Landscaping, 8655 N. 43rd St., Brown Deer, as operations manager. He is an expert in erosion control and in preventing sediment runoff.
• John Weitzer of Mequon has been promoted to senior vice president at Wells Fargo Private Bank. Weitzer joined the company in 2005 as vice president for investment research.
• Dr. Joseph Shaker of Glendale has been appointed professor of clinical medicine in the division of endocrinology, metabolism and clinical nutrition at the Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff of Community Memorial Medical Commons. He practices in the new Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Endocrinology Center at Community Memorial Medical Commons.
• The Medical College of Wisconsin Digestive Disease Center Advisory Board has elected new members, including David Lex of Whitefish Bay, a financial consultant with Uvest Financial Services at PyraMax Bank, and Mary C. Brown of Mequon, president of Campbell Newman Asset Management. The 36-member board includes Wisconsin business, professional and civic leaders who are committed to advancing medical research.
• Marguerite Alpers of Shorewood has joined Lawrence, Allen & Kolbe as a consultant. The firm, with offices in Brookfield, Fond du Lac and Manitowoc, provides executive coaching, outplacement, leadership development and other services to Fortune 500 companies and smaller firms.
• Dr. Lee Biblo of Mequon, professor of medicine and vice chair of clinical activities in the department of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been appointed chief medical officer of Medical College Physicians and associate dean for clinical affairs.
He will be responsible for supervising the clinical quality and clinical informatics officers and associate deans. He also will work closely with faculty medical directors, department chairs and the chief operating officer at Froedtert Hospital to achieve greater clinical effectiveness, higher quality outcomes, increased patient satisfaction and improved operating efficiency in adult patient care.
• Stevan Keith of Whitefish Bay has been appointed to the position of sustainability and environmental engineer in the Architecture, Engineering and Environmental Services Division of the Milwaukee County Department of Transportation and Public Works. He has served as acting director of environmental services since July 2007 and has more than 25 years of experience.
• Paul E. Hankwitz of Shorewood has been appointed associate professor of medicine in the division of geriatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He is board-certified in internal medicine. His clinical interests include development of the senior health program at Community Memorial Medical Commons in Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!