The Fox Point-Bayside School Board last night decided that one superintendent from Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Maple Dale-Indian Hill or Nicolet will determine whether all four schools will call off school due to inclement weather.
The decision will be made by gathering data from the weather service and bus company and conferring with superintendents outside the Nicolet area.
District Administrator Gary Petersen said the revised policy was drafted after a recent meeting with the three other Nicolet area superintendents.
"(We) discussed the unique nature of the door-to-door pickup service for students by the school buses … and the unique nature of these services that should be taken into consideration," Petersen said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015