The Fox Point-Bayside School Board last night decided that one superintendent from Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Maple Dale-Indian Hill or Nicolet will determine whether all four schools will call off school due to inclement weather.
The decision will be made by gathering data from the weather service and bus company and conferring with superintendents outside the Nicolet area.
District Administrator Gary Petersen said the revised policy was drafted after a recent meeting with the three other Nicolet area superintendents.
"(We) discussed the unique nature of the door-to-door pickup service for students by the school buses … and the unique nature of these services that should be taken into consideration," Petersen said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- River Hills' new chief has 31 years experience with the department
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- River Hills woman killed in driveway accident
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014