The Fox Point-Bayside School Board last night decided that one superintendent from Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Maple Dale-Indian Hill or Nicolet will determine whether all four schools will call off school due to inclement weather.
The decision will be made by gathering data from the weather service and bus company and conferring with superintendents outside the Nicolet area.
District Administrator Gary Petersen said the revised policy was drafted after a recent meeting with the three other Nicolet area superintendents.
"(We) discussed the unique nature of the door-to-door pickup service for students by the school buses … and the unique nature of these services that should be taken into consideration," Petersen said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins