Nicolet High School social studies teacher Phyllis Santacroce has been named a 2009 Kohl Fellowship winner.
Recipients are chosen for their skill as leaders and agents for positive change, and for superior ability to inspire the love of learning in their students.
Since starting at Nicolet in the 2000-01 school year, Santacroce initiated two programs. One is the mock trial and the other is National History Day. Santacroce will receive a $1,000 grant and the school will also get a $1,000 grant from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation and co-sponsors, which are the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools, Wisconsin Cooperative Educational Service Agencies and Wisconsin Newspaper Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors
- Police Report: May 6
- Bay trustee announces resignation