River Hills is the only community in Milwaukee County to be recommended to get federal economic stimulus money in the first round of project consideration.
Gov. Jim Doyle and the state Department of Transportation chose the 47 projects in this round.
The grant would cover the $67,000 that is the village's share of replacing the River Road bridge over Indian Creek. The total project cost is $335,000. All of it would be covered by the stimulus money, Village Manager Thomas Tollaksen said.
"It obviously will be something that will speed up the project and save River Hills taxpayers $67,000," Tollaksen said.
The Legislature's Joint Committee on Finance is expected to approve the 47 projects this week. A second round of projects will be designated soon.
- Jane Ford-Stewart,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 5
- In Brief (Mequon): June 5
- River Hills police chief retires after 33 years
- North Shore Calendar: June 5
- North Shore Police Report: May 29