River Hills — The Medical Examiner's Office ruled Wednesday that a 50-year-old River Hills man died Tuesday evening from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, and the cause of death was a suicide.
According to a news release from the River Hills Police Department:
At about 4:25 p.m. Tuesday, River Hills police officers were called to a residence on North Pheasant Lane for a person who had been shot.
According to witnesses, the 50-year-old man had been cleaning a gun and then started handling it in a careless manner. In addition, the man placed one round of ammunition in the gun and "made random and reckless statements about the weapon and its use. This resulted in a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head."
The man was airlifted to Froedtert Hospital but did not survive.
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015