River Hills — The Milwaukee Country Club is closed for the time being after a Christmas tree caught fire Sunday morning.
According to an NSFD news release, a country club staff member noticed the flaming tree and called in the fire. Arriving firefighters did not see smoke or fire from outside the club but found heavy smoke inside.
The country club's sprinkler system had put out the tree and contained the fire before NSFD's arrival, investigators found.
No one was injured during the fire. The origin of the fire was determined to be a Christmas tree in one of the first-floor dining rooms of the country club.
There was fire damage, as well as heavy smoke and water damage from the sprinklers to the dining room. The total cost of the damage is not yet determined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet