River Hills - Christopher Lear will become the new village manager/clerk/treasurer in the village on June 25. The Village Board last week selected Lear from a field of 20 candidates for the combined position previously held by former Village Manager Tom Tollaksen and Village Clerk Treasurer Barbara Goeckner. Tollaksen resigned in January and Goeckner left for another position in December.
Lear is currently the part time town clerk in the town of Saukville. He is also a part time lay minister at Living Hope Church.
"I took my retirement when I left Germantown so I could do the part time clerk and lay ministry job," Lear said. He was village administrator in Germantown from 2002-2006.
His lay ministry is ending, he said, and he is excited about returning to village management.
"I am very pleased, overjoyed to be appointed," he said. "I highly value personal service for people, in a low key way."
Lear, who is 62, moved to Saukville in 1991 from Galesburg, Ill., where he was administrative assistant to the city manager from 1985 to 1991. He held two recreation-related positions before that. He and his wife bought a house in Saukville, where he served as its village administrator/clerk from 1991 to 2002.
He and his wife have a son who attends Port Washington High School. He also has two adult children from a first marriage and six grandchildren.
Lear has a bachelor of science degree in recreation and park administration and a master of arts in political science/public administration, both from Western Illinois University.
Village President Robert Brunner said Lear will earn $80,000 a year in his new position.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015