River Hills will use its private property infill and infiltration allocation of $115,000 from the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District to line approximately 50 feet of laterals extending from the main sewer lines under the road to private laterals serving 15 homes on Pheasant Lane. The property owners previously agreed to participate in the program.
Originally the village planned to televise the laterals with the funding, but Village Engineer Mustafa Emir said it didn't make sense to spend money on that.
"We know we have leaky laterals," he said at the Village Board meeting tonight. "We will use the allocation to fix the laterals."
The village is starting in a known problem area, Emir said. Property owners are not required to fix the section of the lateral running from the village section to houses.
Emir said that by lining 50 feet of each lateral he believes there will be some reduction in I and I, basically storm or rain water entering the sanitary laterals through cracks or holes.
The board approved an agreement with MMSD. The project will go out for bid after bid documents are prepared.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- River Hills woman killed in driveway accident
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014