Glendale-River Hills School Board denies residents' request to join Maple Dale-Indian Hill district
Citing concerns about setting a precedent, the Glendale-River Hills School Board on Monday voted to deny five petitioners' requests to secede from the K-8 district and join the Maple Dale-Indian Hill district.
The petitioners live in the 400 and 500 blocks of West Calumet Road on the south side of the street in the city of Glendale. The residents requested the boundary changes in an effort to keep the entire neighborhood consistent. Residents on the north side of Calumet are within Maple Dale-Indian Hill's boundaries, based on a map drawn up in the 1950s.
Glendale-River Hills board members gave a number of reasons for their denial, including an adverse financial impact on the district and the potential for setting a precedent. There are other streets throughout the Nicolet community that are split between K-8 feeder districts.
Had the Glendale-River Hills board approved the petition, the issue would have gone on to the Maple-Dale Indian Hill School Board later this week.
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015