Brown Deer man shot at home; suspect in custody
Brown Deer - A 24-year-old Brown Deer man who sought treatment for a gunshot wound at St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee today was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital as a precaution. Hospital staff via Mequon Police notified Brown Deer police of the shooting at 10:03 a.m. According to police, the victim said he was shot at his home in the village and driven to the hospital by another family member.
He suffered a single gunshot wound to his leg/pelvic area.
A 20-year-old relative of the victim, who is also a resident of Brown Deer, was identified as the suspect in the shooting. After fleeing the scene, he eventually appeared at the Brown Deer Police Department with his attorney and is currently in custody.
This incident remains under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins