Brown Deer man shot at home; suspect in custody
Brown Deer - A 24-year-old Brown Deer man who sought treatment for a gunshot wound at St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee today was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital as a precaution. Hospital staff via Mequon Police notified Brown Deer police of the shooting at 10:03 a.m. According to police, the victim said he was shot at his home in the village and driven to the hospital by another family member.
He suffered a single gunshot wound to his leg/pelvic area.
A 20-year-old relative of the victim, who is also a resident of Brown Deer, was identified as the suspect in the shooting. After fleeing the scene, he eventually appeared at the Brown Deer Police Department with his attorney and is currently in custody.
This incident remains under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills adopts sex offender zoning restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014