River Hills - River Hills Village President Robert Brunner said he will take over management duties in the short term while the village seeks a new manager. Manager Tom Tollaksen resigned last week. His last day is tomorrow.
Brunner acted in a similar capacity after the sudden death of a previous manager.
The village began advertising for a clerk/treasurer after the departure of Barbara Goeckner in early December. Goeckner left for a deputy clerk position in Hales Corners. River Hills has had three clerk/treasurers over the last eight years.
Tollaksen, 62, was appointed River Hills' village manager in September 1996. In a statement announcing his resignation, he said he believes his goals at the village have been largely accomplished, including modernization of public services, improvement of village infrastructure, and fostering of a competent, compassionate and creative village staff.
"Although I will no longer be village manager," Tollaksen said, "I look forward to doing what I can to continue the village's status as a strong and vibrant community."
Tollaksen said his decision to leave the village was not an easy one.
"There are other personal goals that I want to accomplish," he said, "and the timing seems right for me and my family.
Brunner said the board approved a severance package for Tollaksen but refused to make the package public. North Shore Now has filed an open records request for the severance agreement as well as for emails between Tollaksen and the board since Dec. 1.
The village posted a classified advertisement on the League of Municipalities Web site seeking a manager/clerk/treasurer Jan. 13.
With the departure of both Tollaksen and Goeckner, Village Hall will now be closed between noon and 1 p.m. daily to allow for the deputy clerk's lunch hour.
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015