River Hills Village Manager Tom Tollaksen is resigning his post. His last day in the office will be Jan. 27.
Tollaksen, who was appointed River Hills' village manager in September, 1996, said he believes his goals at the village have been largely accomplished, including modernization of public services, improvement of village infrastructure, and fostering of a competent, compassionate and creative village staff.
"Although I will no longer be village manager," Tollaksen said, "I look forward to doing what I can to continue the village's status as a strong and vibrant community."
Tollaksen said his decision to leave the village was not an easy one.
"There are other personal goals that I want to accomplish," he said, "and the timing seems right for me and my family."
He said he is committed to continuing to work hard for the remainder of his tenure as village manager to continue to address financial challenges and to prepare for as seamless a transition as possible.
He said: "The village's budget has not been without challenges. But, the board and the employees have shown a willingness to work together to meet the shared goal of delivering quality services to village residents at a reasonable cost. It has been a privilege to serve the village of River Hills."
The village posted a classified advertisement on the League of Municipalities Web site seeking a manager/clerk/treasurer Jan. 13. Clerk/Treasurer Barbara Goeckner left the village in early December for a deputy clerk position in Hales Corners.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills adopts sex offender zoning restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014