The Milwaukee County District Attorney today charged Robleh A. Kahin, a 27-year-old Milwaukee resident, with the attempted robbery of Guaranty Bank, 4000 W. Brown Deer Road, on Sept. 22 and the robbery of the bank on Aug. 2.
In all, Kahin was charged with three felonies, robbery of a financial institution - use of a dangerous weapon, attempted robbery of a financial institution and attempting to flee an officer.
If convicted on all three charges, Kahin could face up to 68 years in prison and fined up to $160,000.
According to police, at approximately 2:20 p.m. Sept. 22, the Brown Deer Police Department received a 911 call from an employee at the bank reporting an attempted armed robbery had just occurred. An alert bank employee, seeing a man with a gun approaching the bank, locked the doors, preventing his entry.
The suspect fled in a Lexus RX350, which was located by Glendale police officers, who pursued the suspect vehicle along with Fox Point officers.
The suspect eventually lost control of his vehicle due to a blown tire, abandoned his car and fled on foot. He was taken into custody in Fox Point, near Stormonth Elementary School on North Longacre Road. The school was locked down while police arrested the suspect.
Due to the similarities of this and the Guaranty Bank robbery from Aug. 2, Brown Deer police were able to have Kahin charged for both incidents. In the Aug. 2 robbery a man wearing a ski mask, wraparound sunglasses and carrying a gun, robbed the bank and fled in a car described as similar to a Lexus RX 350.
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015