Brown Deer Police report a 27-year-old Milwaukee man believed to have struck another motorist on Bradley Road shortly before 3 a.m. Sept. 11 turned himself in to police Monday afternoon. He will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's office for charging on Wednesday. According to police, the suspect's vehicle struck a 41-year-old Milwaukee man who was standing behind his car on West Good Hope Road at North 43rd Street. The victim was getting items from his trunk to change a flat tire. After striking the man, the suspect's car backed up, hit a light pole and then fled.
The victim was taken to Froedtert Hospital where he was treated for substantial leg injuries. He has been released and is recovering from his injuries.
At 2:50 a.m. Sept. 11, Brown Deer Police Officers and the city of Milwaukee Fire Department were dispatched to a report of a car accident with injuries on Good Hope Road at Sherman Boulevard. Upon arrival, it was discovered that it was a two-car accident and that the striking vehicle fled the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: May 20
- Mequon's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors