Fox Point - The Fox Point-Bayside School District has tweaked its facility usage policy for outside organizations. The policy had outlined the steps necessary for renting space in a facility and surrounding grounds, but it did not specifically touch on field space.
"We have received an increasing number of requests from community-based groups to use the school district athletic fields and property for athletic practices, games and related events," District Administrator Rachel Boechler wrote in a memo. "In order to support these community-based activities, while also being fiscally responsible and consistent in our policy, we propose extending … the policy."
The district has been renting out unused facilities at a rate of $35 per hour. The figure is designed to cover such costs as utilities, maintenance and cleaning. But a figure had not been affixed to field rental.
The School Board on Monday voted to set field space rentals at $3,000 per season.
"(The fee) helps with our maintenance costs while also supporting a community activity that serves many of our students at a reasonable cost," Boechler said.
One of the heaviest users has been Nicolet Kickers, a soccer team catering to four different age groups. The organization has been using field space at the district-owned Dunwood Center, 217 W. Dunwood Road.
- Dave Fidlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015