The village of Bayside was reporting 10.8 percent voter turnout for the Aug. 9 recall election via absentee voting as of yesterday morning. Voters have until 5 p.m. today (Friday) to vote absentee in person or to register to vote in the District 8 recall race pitting Sen. Alberta Darling against challenger Rep. Sandy Pasch.
There will be no in-person absentee voting or voter registration on Monday but voters can register at the polls on election day as in the past.
Residency requirements for voting have changed. Voters must live in the district for 28 days prior to the election, rather than the previous 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Glendale-River Hills officials start work on fall 2014 referendum
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Nicolet bumps up insurance
- Openings abound in spring elections
- Kudos for Nicolet’s ‘Princess and the Pea’
- River Hills passes levy, tax rate increases