The village of Bayside was reporting 10.8 percent voter turnout for the Aug. 9 recall election via absentee voting as of yesterday morning. Voters have until 5 p.m. today (Friday) to vote absentee in person or to register to vote in the District 8 recall race pitting Sen. Alberta Darling against challenger Rep. Sandy Pasch.
There will be no in-person absentee voting or voter registration on Monday but voters can register at the polls on election day as in the past.
Residency requirements for voting have changed. Voters must live in the district for 28 days prior to the election, rather than the previous 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015