The village of Bayside was reporting 10.8 percent voter turnout for the Aug. 9 recall election via absentee voting as of yesterday morning. Voters have until 5 p.m. today (Friday) to vote absentee in person or to register to vote in the District 8 recall race pitting Sen. Alberta Darling against challenger Rep. Sandy Pasch.
There will be no in-person absentee voting or voter registration on Monday but voters can register at the polls on election day as in the past.
Residency requirements for voting have changed. Voters must live in the district for 28 days prior to the election, rather than the previous 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills speaks out on I-43 plans
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board