Seniors at many North Shore high schools donned cap and gown last weekend for graduation ceremonies. Nicolet High School's senior class will graduate Sunday.
Highlights of the ceremonies follow. (For high schools that no longer name valedictorian and salutatorian, we have included the names of the student graduation speakers.)
Brown Deer High School graduated 160 students June 11. Aaron Blumberg, who will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, was valedictorian; Collin Rice, the salutatorian, is going to Northwestern University.
Homestead High School graduated 379 students June 12. Graduation speakers, selected by a committee that includes faculty, staff and students, were Siena Mitman, who will attend Bowdoin College; Anastasia Skliarova, Lawrence University, and Courtney Taylor, Agnes Scott College.
Nicolet High School could not provide the number of graduates because exams were still taking place, but the top graduates on each of the district's grading scales are Robert Bamberger and Elizabeth Schoenfeldt, who will both attend UW-Madison, and Joseph Margolies, who will attend Princeton University.
Shorewood High School graduated 150 students June 8. The Although requested, the names of student speakers were not provided.
Whitefish Bay High School graduated 214 students June 12. Valedictorian Sue Lim is going to the University of Pennsylvania; salutatorian Olivia Morales Leslie will attend Northwestern University.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015