Delinquent tax notices were mailed in early February for both overdue real estate and personal property taxes. Listed in the chart are the notices that went out in 2010 for overdue 2009 taxes and in 2011 for overdue 2010 taxes.
Since notices went out, local treasurers say more taxes have been collected. In Bayside, Lynn Galyardt reports the outstanding real estate taxes have been cut in half. In Brown Deer, Bridget Souffrant said the delinquent taxes are now down to $4.5 million.
Souffrant said the initial number appears high because the software does not distinguish between tax bills that were partially paid and those fully paid. Residents can pay 50 percent of the tax bill by Jan. 31 and the bill is not delinquent, but the software does not recognize that, she said.
Taxes can be paid at city or village halls during normal business hours.
Delinquent taxes at a Glance
|2010 personal property||2010 real estate||2011 personal property||2011 real estate|
|Brown Deer||not available|
|Fox Point||not available||not available|
|Whitefish Bay||not available||not available|
*** Total amount due in uncollected taxes for that year. The specific number of parcels and accounts were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet