The Fox Point-Bayside School Board on Monday set class size limits for the 2011-12 school year.
Thresholds for next year have been set at 19 students per class for 4-year-old kindergarten to grade one, 20 students in grades two to five and 21 students in grades six to eight.
Several tweaks were made to the existing limits: 18 students in 4-year-old kindergarten, 19 students in 5-year-old kindergarten to grade four, 20 students in grade five and 21 students in grades six to eight.
The board set the class sizes as part of annual planning for Open Enrollment seats that could be made available to students living outside the district.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins