Applications for the 2011 Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Excellence Scholarship can now be obtained in the principal's or counselor's office at Wisconsin public, religious and independent high schools; from the Wisconsin Parents Association homeschooling-WPA.org; and from the Herb Kohl Foundation kohleducation.org." target="_blank">kohleducation.org. A total of one hundred $1,000 scholarships will be awarded next spring.
Applicants must be residents of Wisconsin who will graduate from high school in 2011 and plan to continue their education at a college, university or vocational/technical school. Students will be evaluated on academic achievement, leadership, citizenship and school and community activities.
Completed applications are due in November. The exact date is determined by individual schools. Students should contact their high school principal or counselor, or go to kohleducation.org for an application form and detailed information on the eligibility criteria. The number of applications each high school may submit is based on student enrollment.
This is a competitive scholarship and recipients will be chosen by a state-level panel composed of representatives from the Wisconsin Newspaper Association Foundation, Cooperative Educational Service Agencies, Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools, Wisconsin Parents Association, several education-related associations, and community representatives.
Since the program was established in 1990, the Herb Kohl Foundation has awarded 2,100 Excellence Scholarships to graduating Wisconsin high school students totaling $2.1 million.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014