A woman going into labor didn't quite make it to the hospital before her baby arrived.
According to the North Shore Fire Department:
Friday at about 2:27 a.m., the Fire Department received a call reporting the delivery of a child in a vehicle that had pulled off of Interstate 43 northbound at the Port Washington Road exit, just south of the Milwaukee and Ozaukee county lines.
On arrival, crews found that the mother had in fact delivered the child in the passenger seat of the vehicle while on their way to the Columbia-St. Mary's Ozaukee Columbia Center Birthing Pavilion.
After a short, on-scene assessment of both the mom and child, they were transported to their intended destination in Ozaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Glendale-River Hills officials start work on fall 2014 referendum
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Nicolet bumps up insurance
- Openings abound in spring elections
- Kudos for Nicolet’s ‘Princess and the Pea’
- River Hills passes levy, tax rate increases