A woman going into labor didn't quite make it to the hospital before her baby arrived.
According to the North Shore Fire Department:
Friday at about 2:27 a.m., the Fire Department received a call reporting the delivery of a child in a vehicle that had pulled off of Interstate 43 northbound at the Port Washington Road exit, just south of the Milwaukee and Ozaukee county lines.
On arrival, crews found that the mother had in fact delivered the child in the passenger seat of the vehicle while on their way to the Columbia-St. Mary's Ozaukee Columbia Center Birthing Pavilion.
After a short, on-scene assessment of both the mom and child, they were transported to their intended destination in Ozaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet