• The following students were named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for the fall 2009 semester: Francis Biebel, Ryan Bonfiglio, Maggie Dietsch, Joshua Hooten and Joseph Murphy - Bayside; Julie Abraham, Jason Bartsch, Nicole Becker, Elizabeth Crawford, Ashley Daniels, Allison Dunne, Max Grafwallner, Ma Hang, Jennifer Herkowski, Katie Jo Knapp, Keelin McMurtagh, Natalie Paly, Christopher Siegel, Luke Sommers, Ashley Thor, Christopher Vickery, Gregory Wallsworth, Jasmine Ward, Jason Wrigley and Suzie Yang - Brown Deer; Nicholas Bloomquist, Andrew Curtis, Michael Ioffe, Helen Ishrak, Solomiya Kucheras, Catherine Lohr, Anatoliy Rashragovich, Daniel Reikher, Melissa Schwartz, Peter Sentz and Claire Tietz - Fox Point; Ryan Bailey, Paul Boeshaar, Grace Chamberlain, Shirley Wing Yan Chan, Harley Greene, Jordan Herbert, Jonathan Herman, Nicholas Johnson, Jennifer Nelson, Sushant Rana, Tyler Rembert, Igor Sorin, Chante Strelke, Kristin Voss, John Walters, Aviva Weber, James Wissing, II - Glendale; Elizabeth Adler, Dominic Amato, Lauren Bailey, Michael Burke II, Christopher Butzen, Andrew Cattell, Kimberly Choren, Tyler Clark, Mark Cohen, Molly Cohen, Mary Downey, Janardan Durvasula, Michael Gardner, Alexander Haugen, Russell Haxton, Andrew Hinkens, Zachary Hosale, Travis Kalmuck, Zachary Karthauser, Michael Keenan, Daniel Kidd, Anna Kovalenko, Ethan Krasnow, Robb Krasnow, Michael Kritner, Meghan Lawlis, Lisa Maglio, Victoria Meyer, Arno Michaelis IV, Samuel Michelson, Halley Minser, Abigail Navarro, John Neel, Joshua Nelson, Joseph Schultz, Stephanie Semerda, Mohammed Sethi, Lyndsey Silbar, Whitney Spaude, Erik Sperling, Rebecca Starrett, Jennifer Thiet, Eric Van Groll, Michelle Vinson, Joshua White, Elizabeth Zastrow - Mequon; Charles Murphy - River Hills; Kaleigh Atkinson, Salvatore Balistreri, Brett Beaupre, ElaineBennaton, Claudia Berlin, Kayla Bissen, Cherleatha Bogan, Jeremy Booth, Nicole Borndahl, Elizabeth Long Boyd, Zoe Braun, Erin Browning, Brian Carlson, Julie Carpenter, Stephanie Carter, Thotekat Chandran, Joseph Cornejo, Alexis Doyle, Kari Ehler, Nicholas Fairbanks, Andrew Faust, Zachary Freding, Holland Galante, Thomas Gelfer, Amy Goesch, Samuel Guadagnino, Katrina Hancock, Nicole Hansen, Michael Hartke, Patrick Heffernan, John Hernandez, Gina Hesiak, Anthony Hilbert, Rhonda Huckstorf, Alex Hustad, Katherine Hutzler, RyanThomas Kern, Michael Kidd, Peter Koester, Abigail Kohl, Catherine Laflin, Cuc Thi Kim Le, Buri Lor, Michael Maas, Alan Macquarrie, Madelyn Maier, Kelly McClurg, Joshua Millar, Elena Milovidova, Kong Meng Moua, Matthew Mulligan, Nicholas Nassif, Jonathan Osmer, Nicholas Palmer, PeterPapastamatiou, Elissa Paris, Jacqueline Peterson, Carrie Prentice, Barbara Price, Jessica Rasmussen, Jhobe Ratajczyk, KatelinRedmann, Andrew Sacco, Michael Sambar, Genevieve Sankey, Robin Schultz, Mariam Shehadeh, Kimberly Simonson, Andrew Smart, Liliya Sokolova, Paul Steidl, Moses Thao, Ryan Thill, Casey Tice, Jennifer Van Brunt, Julie Visnieski, Pehsapan Weso, David Winston, James Wischer, Lee Xiong, Koua Mai Yang and Sarah Zens - Shorewood; Anna Preobrazhenskaya and Katie Schuerlein - Theinsville; and Nishan Abraham, Jessica Alter, Mary Anderson, Susan Bischoff, Matthew Brandes, Samuel Cohen, Elizabeth Dick, Keith Edyburn, Kimberly Federwitz, Carlotta Generali, Daniel Gerlach, Margaret Guinn, Joshua Kyung Jang, Christal Kay, Michelle Kindschi, Eleanor Kirkwood, Brad Lisowe, John Ludolph, Judith Marker, Michael Mastroianni, JosephMelton, Francie Moehring, Joseph Mullaney, Cheon Hyeon Park, ThomasRaven, Kathryn Sayotovich, Margaret Schutz, Rachel Schutz, Ritvik Singh and Kate Wargin - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at Beloit College for the fall 2009 semester: Julianne Angeli, Melissa Fiegel and Jacob Majeski - Glendale; Ari Jacobs and MatthewKees - Mequon; Joseph Moran - Shorewood; and Elizabeth Wynn - Whitefish Bay.
• Jeffrey Rosenbaum of River Hills was named to the dean's list at Gateway Technical College for the fall 2009 semester.
• Casey Petersen of Fox Point and Nicholas Haynes and Elizabeth Kowalsky, both of Whitefish Bay, were named to the dean's list at the University of Dayton for the fall 2009 semester.
• Sarah Ethington and Scott Okarma, both of Whitefish Bay, were named to the dean's list at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for the fall 2009 semester.
• Carolyn Long, a sixth-grader at St. Monica School in Whitefish Bay, was first runner up in the Private Schools' Regional Spelling Bee held at St. Robert School on Feb. 18.
• The following students of Nicolet High School were named National Merit Finalists: Mark Ambrose, Mallory Beer, Max Blumenthal, Megan Grady, Nicole Hangsterfer, Elizabeth Horstmeier, Nicholas Lee and Keith Lewis. National Merit Scholarships will be offered in 2010.
• Anne Rice, a seventh grade religion teacher at St. Monica School, recently received a $500 grant from the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety based on the unit she developed entitled "Fire Safety: Service that Saves Lives." The grant will cover the expenses of continuing student learning through the collection of history books regarding fires such as Milwaukee's Third Ward fire, the Great Chicago fire and the Peshtigo fire.
• U.S. Army Pfc. Curtis Cooper Holmes has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C. He is the son of Bertha Tally and Clifford Cooper of Milwaukee and a 2003 graduate of Whitefish Bay High School.
• Jeff Shawhan, associate art professor at Concordia University, took third place at the 15th annual U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting competition. Jeff was one of three members of Team Wisconsin and spent days crafting a giant pair of dinosaurs munching on the leaves of a prehistoric tree.
• William Petasnick of Mequon, president and chief executive officer of Froedtert & Community Health, has been named secretary to the Baldrige Foundation Board of Directors.
• Bruce Gintoft, of Glendale, was recognized for outstanding sales and service at the Catholic Knights Sales Awards Celebration. He received the Knights Guild Award, which is one of the most prestigious awards given by Catholic Knights, for exceptional sales and service throughout the course of the year. Bruce qualified for a five-day trip-for-two to the Catholic Knights Leaders Conference in Dominican Republic.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Celebrations: May 15
- Celebrations: May 1
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 10
- Celebrations: April 3
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10