• Scott Alkin of Whitefish Bay graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in mechanical engineering this spring. He is the son of Jeff and Viv Alkin and a graduate of Whitefish Bay High School.
• Elizabeth Joseph of Whitefish Bay was named to the Dean's List at the University of Findlay for the spring 2009 semester.
• Catherin Collins, a graduate of Shorewood High School, was named to the Dean's List at St. Olaf College for the spring 2009 semester.
• Vera Belazelkoska, a graduate of Shorewood High School, was named to the Dean's List at St. Olaf College for the spring 2009 semester.
• Therese Ciofani of Whitefish Bay graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Superior this spring.
• Jonathan Terrasi of Shorewood has been named to the Dean's List at Northwestern University for the spring 2009 semester.
• Todd Lane of Glendale graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from the Milwaukee School of Engineering this spring.
• Olivia Young of Bayside was named to the Dean's List at Loras College for the spring 2009 semester.
• Danielle Slotke of Brown Deer was named to the Dean's List at Valparaiso University for the spring 2009 semester.
• Susan Strait of Bayside was recently elected as chair of the Board of Directors of the Harry and Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center, based in Whitefish Bay. She had served as a vice chair and been actively involved at JCC for several years.
• The Congregation Shalom, based in Fox Point, is pleased to announce the Board of Trustees and Officers for the 2009-10 year: Linda Holifield - president elect; Nancy Edelman, Matthew Price and Anne Wright - vice presidents; Linda Berlin, Julie Cooley, Steven Rubnitz and Andrea Zimmerman - trustees; James Neubauer - endowment board; Diane Kane and Rusti Moffic - sisterhood presidents; and Stella Mayerhoff and Marissa Steinhofer - youth group presidents.
• Catherine Collins, a graduate of Shorewood High School and member of the internationally renowned St. Olaf Choir, toured the British Iles on May 27 through June 6. She is the daughter of Cynthia and Charles Collins.
• David Scott of Shorewood is a Kohl's Kids Who Care regional scholarship winner for his volunteer efforts. He organized Buzz Cuts for Cancer which raised more than $9,000 for cancer research.
• Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary student Daniel Lewig of Mequon recently received the Developmental Disabilities Scholastic Excellence Award for Lutheran Seminarians from Bethesda Lutheran Homes and Services.
• Alec Schafer of Fox Point was awarded the 2009 Special Olympics Wisconsin Male Athlete of the Year award on July 19. This award is given each year to the Special Olympics male athlete who best displays leadership skills and good sportsmanship.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 8
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: July 4
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 13
- Celebrations: June 6