• The following students were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Marina Fridman, Yuliya Lipkina and Whitney Warnke - Bayside; Julie Abraham, Elizabeth Crawford, Ashley Daniels, Decorah Franke, Matt Gardner, Nathan Johnson, Panhia Ly, Deborah Sandleback, Jessica Seyfert, Christopher Siegel and Gregory Wallsworth - Brown Deer; Rachel Arbit, Michael Ioffe, Helen Ishrak, Lindsey Kampmeier, Solomiya Kucheras, Daniel Reikher, Peter Sentz and Aleksandra Ten - Fox Point; Daniel Angelo, Ryan Bailey, Steven Bird, Ashley Cobb, Morgan Evans, Jonathan Herman, Benjamin Klenke, Chadd Lane, Alicia Lee, Daniel Lozoff, Justin Marshall, Somphavanh Phanouvanh, Brian Pilon, Fructoso Rodriguez III, Angelina Scaffidi, Igor Sorin, John Walters and AnneMarie Wannamaker - Glendale; Austin Amato, Dominic Amato, Nazneen Bakhtiar, Rustin Bergren, Emily Briski, Allan Cazco, Kimberly Choren, Benjamin Cohen, Heidi Cronce, Aaron Demler-Barth, Douglas Depies, Matthew Dolsky, Allison Dorszynski, Lauren Erlichman, David Gelfand, Julie Grau, Alexander Haugen, Russell Haxton, Jessica Heimerl, Kyla Hensel, La toya Jackson, Zachary Karthauser, Michael Keenan, Stanislav Krakovyak, Ethan Krasnow, Nick Leep, Jackson Lindsay, Jillian Meyers, Arno Michaelis IV, Ian Michel, Alina Nikogosyan, Danielle Semerda, Whitney Spaude, Rebecca Starrett, Jennifer Thiet, Mark Trevino, Eric Van Groll, Michelle Vinson, Kathleen Walloch, Elizabeth Zastrow and Samuel Ziegler - Mequon; Igor Beker, Cheikh Drame, Ali Edalatpour and Molly Nelson - River Hills; Kyle Adkins, Jessica Alter, Lindsey Ashbeck, Peter Bauknecht, Elaine Bennaton, Ashley Benyo-Esfandiari, Jeremy Booth, Kayla Brereton, Ashley Bryson, Thotekat Chandran, Jennifer Chappa, Melinda Cheever, Andrea Cooper, Lora Erbstoeszer, Andrew Faust, Jami Freund, Jonathan Friedl, Thomas Gelfer, Michael Gigot, Lucas Gu, Kevin Hanselmann, Kristin Hertneky, Gina Hesiak, Lauren Jelenchick, Eden Kaminski, Megan Kaminsky, Noah Kaufman, Ryan Kern, Lindsey King, Andrea Kober, Peter Koester, Anna Kovalenko, Megan Krueger, Mireille Lehrer-Brey, Joshua Lickteig, Michael Maas, Lesya Melnyk, Jarrett Mirkes, Callie Nelson, Carly Nichols, James Nonarath, Kyle Nygaard, Elissa Paris, Danielle Parker, Mistie Paswaters, Brandon Pollack, Carrie Prentice, Michele Raysich, Mary Reindl, Michael Riedel, Andrew Ruble, Ryan Rupp, Andrew Sacco, Bradley Sanders, Peter Schrammel, Robin Schultz, Christopher Seidling, Kimberly Simonson, Nicholas Sippel, Polina Skvortsova, Andrew Smart, Mary Turner, Molly Ubbesen, Jennifer Van Brunt, Marlee Van Portfliet, Julie Visnieski, Bettina Washebek and Sarah Zens - Shorewood; Elenor Harbeck, April Heding, Anna Preobrazhenskaya and Katie Scheuerlein - Thiensville; Rebecca Carriere, Samuel Cohen, Mia Fabishak, Bix Firer, Alexander Frank, Daniel Gerlach, Elizabeth Harrington, Ako Hasegawa, Michelle Kindschi, Amanda Noel, Cary Perzan, Robert Pustejovsky, Laura Rice, Todd Rongstad, Rebecca Ruyle, Margaret Schutz, Rachel Schutz, Bryan Short, Michael Tucker, Ryan Walsh and Kate Wargin - Whitefish Bay.
• Gustav Kaufmann of Glendale graduated from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in August 2008.
• Susan Lindeman and Caroline Stevenson of Glendale and Amanda Pound of Mequon graduated from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in December 2008.
• Sarah Blazer and Rhonda Winters of Glendale, Sara Field and Laura Uhen of Mequon, Tasha Kertscher and Kara Schultz of Shorewood and Amy Pallesen of Whitefish Bay graduated from Mount Mary College in December 2008.
• Jordyn Sweet of Whitefish Bay was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Ripon College.
• The following University School of Milwaukee students were named as finalists in the 2009 National Merit Scholarship Program: Ishaan Guptasarma of Bayside; Sam Ecker, Saptarshi Ghose, Syed Hussaini and Lily Hutson of Mequon; Piers Gelly and Anna Patel of River Hills; and Alex Rofes of Shorewood.
• Sal Sendik of Fox Point, a sixth-grader at St. Monica School in Whitefish Bay, received a first-place award in the Wisconsin Letters About Literature writing contest.
• Alexander Kristl, a student at Shorewood Intermediate School, Whitefish Bay, received a $100 art supplies gift certificate for his work, "Untitled Cubist Portrait," as part of the 2009 VSA Children's Award from the VSA arts of Wisconsin Call for Art competition.
• Benjamin Zaydman, a seventh-grader at Bayside Middle School, qualified for the state geography bee competition that took place April 3.
• Victoria Schulze, a seventh-grader at Immanuel Lutheran School, was named a semifinalist, eligible to compete in the 2009 Wisconsin Geographic Bee.
• The following Dominican High School students were inducted into the National Honor Society in March: Elizabeth Devine, Elizabeth Fons and Meg Murphy - Fox Point; Stephen Fong and Justin Wang - Shorewood; and Jessica Bazan, Sam Bazan, Emma Bradford, Jenna Burr, Frank Galka, Lesle Marshall-Mahlik, Dylan Mooney, Mitchell Pignotti and Hans Wustrack - Whitefish Bay.
• Stefan Schallack of Whitefish Bay, a sixth-grader at St. Monica School in Whitefish Bay, received honorable mention in the Wisconsin Letters About Literature writing contest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: April 10
- Celebrations: April 3
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12