· Whitefish Bay's Erin Kimla earned her law degree from the University of Louisville in May. She received undergraduate degrees in equine science and agricultural economics from the University of Kentucky in 2009. She resides in Lexington, Ky., and plans to practice equine law.
·Andrew Karalewitz of Bayside earned his doctorate in microbiology from the Medical College of Wisconsin in May. He is a 2001 graduate of Nicolet High School and a 2006 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has accepted a fellowship at Albert Ludwig University in Freiburg, Germany.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees from Minnesota State University, Mankato, in May: from Brown Deer, Derrick Washington, recreation, parks and leisure services; from Shorewood, Stephen Weyer, geography; and from Whitefish Bay, Kevin Carroll, theater arts. Ashley Shields of Whitefish Bay earned her master's degree in sport and exercise psychology.
·Kelsey Corrigan of Whitefish Bay, a biology and history of science major at the the University of Wisconsin-Madison, earned an Outstanding Sophomore Award, with a $2,000 scholarship, from the Wisconsin Agricultural and Life Sciences Alumni Association.
·Amanda Farrell of Shorewood, a student studying to be a nurse practitioner at Alverno College in Milwaukee, won a $2,500 scholarship as part of the Together We Care nurse practitioner scholarship program sponsored by MinuteClinic, the walk-in medical clinics inside CVS pharmacy stores, and Johnson & Johnson.
·Katie Felsheim of Whitefish Bay, a junior at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School in Milwaukee, was recently invited to the 2013 U.S. junior women's rowing team high-performance camp. Katie will train in New London, Conn., for four weeks this summer. She is coxswain for the Milwaukee Rowing Club junior team.
· Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Alexandra M. Hentzen has graduated from the U.S. Navy's Nuclear Power School at Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in Goose Creek, S.C. Hentzen has served in the military for one year. The daughter of Linda and William Hentzen Jr. of Whitefish Bay, she is a 2010 graduate of Whitefish Bay High School.
· Army Pvt. Hector L. Hammer has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C. Hammer, the son of Gordon Hammer of Milwaukee, is a 2004 graduate of Brown Deer High School.
· The Rev. Patrick Burns of Mequon, age 26, and his cousin, the Rev. Philip Schumaker of Kewaskum, age 25, were ordained together as priests for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee during ordination Mass at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist in Milwaukee in May. Burns attended the St. Francis de Sales Seminary in St. Francis, following his education at Cardinal Stritch University in Glendale and graduation from Loyola University in Chicago in 2009. He grew up in the St. Eugene Parish in Fox Point and will get to concelebrate his sister's October wedding with his brother, the Rev. John Burns, 32, associate pastor at Christ King Parish in Wauwatosa, who was ordained in 2010.
Got some good news to share? We want to hear all about it. Send your announcements to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha 53186; or to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Celebrations: May 15
- Celebrations: May 1
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 10
- Celebrations: April 3
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10