One of the most popular polls in America is the one for how popular is the president. It gets reported as a yes/no poll asking Americans if they approve of the way they approve of the way the president is doing his job. This question is usually followed up by one asking if Americans believe that the country is headed in the right direction. Although the results are generally reported in a yes/no format, it usually seems difficult to answer this question definitively one way or the other. There is usually a lot of gray area. Until now.
In under two months I am greatly losing a level of confidence that I have in the government and the president. The future of this country is definitely going in the wrong direction. It was a quick change to a steep fall. President Barack Obama has delegated the direction of his policies or to Congress. And what they have produced is more than disappointing. In about six weeks, they have produced more budget busting legislation in the name of recovery that is going to do more long-term damage than any short-term good. The so-called stimulus package was nothing more than passing the liberal agenda of items that had been taken off the agenda of Congress or taken out of other bills. It is nothing more than that projects in pork contributed by just about everyone in Congress and is being sold as having no earmarks. After tripling the deficit, President Obama made an address to Congress saying that he was going to get the deficit under control. The next day, another bill for $410 billion passed Congress. President Obama also has preached to the country an era of self responsibility. Yes, this is one area in which Americans have plenty of room for improvement. However, the programs being expanded and the tax code changes are clearly steering people to the glamour of government dependence. He claims a tax break for 95% of America, yet is introducing cap and trade-a tax that will double the rate paid for electricity. The evil rich are going to be paying more in taxes to support the agenda of the liberals in the federal government. Was this the change America voted for?
We are already beginning to see the results of what these policies are bringing us. The stock market has dropped 2000 points. It is at half of what it was at its peak two years ago. If it drops that amount again, the Dow Jones industrial average will be in negative territory. The entire economic system will be destroyed. It is important to get the economy and investor confidence back on the right track because now everybody who works, or will be getting a job may have an interest in starting a 401(k) in which we may want to use one day in the event that we are able to retire. What is the alternative? The alternative is to have about half the country dependent completely on government handouts. Social Security will have to provide for just about everyone. The evil 5% of the rich people in America will have to support the other 95% which will now be dependent on the government from the cradle to the grave.
If my analysis is right, and it must be because I get it from the liberal media, things will be looking dire for the United States for about the next decade. By that time about half the baby boomers will be retired. They will be completely dependent on the government for their sources of income because investments will be worthless, businesses will not be employing, and the deficit will keep growing enough to support everyone. Boy, am I glad I voted for change!